11 Mistakes to Avoid When Selling Clothes on ebay with ProfSales
Jason Slone (ProfSales) is a fulltime reseller and former professor. He sells on Amazon, ebay, Craigslist, OfferUp and VarageSale. He likes to focus on issues like mindset, How to, sourcing and so much more. If you have any questions or want to reach out to Jason, hit him up on Instagram or subscribe to his Youtube Channel to discover more great content. You will also find that he is an active member of The Green Room Facebook group.
1) Not checking for flaws before purchasing.
2) Spending too little time flipping through the racks, sometimes you have to dive deep to find the gems!
3) Not knowing your sourcing costs and your profit margins.
4) Washing every single piece of clothing, our personal opinion is that it is usually but not always a waste of time.
5) Buying everything within a particular brand because you heard the brand was desirable, you still need to do you research and due diligence.
6) Being scared to experiment with other types of clothing. Many clothing sellers will stick with only 1 type of clothing, this can bottle neck your business in the long term.
7) Forgetting about taxes, that 1099K is coming if you sold more than $20,000 AND 200 items. Both are required to be issued a 1099-K.
8) Not taking advantage of the half off sales, promotions, coupons at thrift stores.
9) Taking really awful pictures with distractions in the background. Also taking pictures that display the wrong colors with poor lighting. Of course something is better than nothing and don’t let it paralyze your business!
10) Underestimating shipping costs. Shipping can be scary at first but once you get the hang of it, there is very few times that will be confused.
11) Not listing your items regularly, sourcing more than you list. Don’t let those DEATH PILES live. A clear space and clear mind can help your business grow with better thinking and overall happiness.